B is for Beads & Buttons that are Red - ABC-Wednesday Round 7 / Alphabe-Thursday - Rainbow Summer School - Red

Today is already Wednesday, July 28th and time to link up with Mrs. Denise Nesbitt's ABC-Wednesday for the letter 'B'. This week, I am a little pressed for time, and choose to combine this ABC-Wednesday 'B'-post with Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday Summer School Rainbow - RED.

Photo Copyright Christina Wigren
(Click on image to enlarge)

My B-words are BEADS and BUTTONS, that are RED. And here is a sampling of my collection of beads and buttons that are red.

Photo Copyright Christina Wigren

(Click on image to enlarge)

I use all kinds of beads when I make jewellery. Here is a red necklace that I sent to a buyer yesterday. It is actually one of my personal favourites. I hope this person enjoys wearing it. I love making jewellery in bright colours, but most people seem to be too shy to wear something RED!

Photo Copyright Christina Wigren
(Click on image for more information about this necklace.)

I use buttons when I sew, but I have not yet incorporated buttons in my jewellery designs. However, there are jewellery artists, who do! Here are two of my favourites, Lisa of Alterity Art och Rose Clearfield: (This is not an ad, just things I like.)

To begin with let's look at three red bracelets that Lisa of Alterity Button Jewelry and Gifts has made with buttons and beads!

Photo Copyright Lisa of Alterity Button Jewelry and Gifts

(Click on image for more information about this bracelet.)

Photo Copyrig
ht Lisa of Alterity Button Jewelry and Gifts

(Click on image for more information about this bracelet.)

Photo Copyright Lisa of Alterity Button Jewelry and Gifts

(Click on image for more information about this bracelet.)

This is Lisa of Alterity Button Jewelry

(and not Anna!)

Another jewellery artist who makes bracelets with beads and buttons is Rose Clearfield of The Beadings and Buttons of Randomcreative. Here are three of her button-bracelets:

Photo Copyright Rose Clearfield


(Click on image for more information about this bracelet.)

Photo Copyright Rose Clearfield

(Click on image for more information about this bracelet.)

Photo Copyright Rose Clearfield

(Click on image for more information about this bracelet.)

I can't find a photo of Rose Clearfield herself, but here is her avatar.

Photo Copyright Rose Clearfield




For this post I don't have any historical or etymological references about beads or buttons. It would have been interesting to look at how beads have been used in different connections, and to trace the development of different kinds of buttons used as fasteners for clothing, but I did not have time to do any research of that kind. My post is about the use of beads and buttons together in modern jewellery.

Thank you for your time.
Happy ABC-Wednesday and Alphabe-Thursday!
Best wishes,
Anna

First commenter:
Ann of Ann's Snap, Edit & Scrap



To see more 'B-words' please go to this site.
To see more posts for the colour red, please go to this site.

Jenny Matlock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

【今夜もドル箱S】パチンコサイボーグ009絆

Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus Week 32

Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus-Week 23-'If I had a hammer...'