P as in Pearls - abc Wednesday, round 6 - P - and Alphabe-Thursday - P

Today is Wednesday. Yes, it is actually Wednesday, and time to play my two favourite letter-memes, abcWednesday and Mrs. Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday. Both have the letter "P" this week. What a joy! I love the letter "P"! There are lots of really fun P-words, such as present, pet (here's Calle-Boy-Cat, my husband's pet, lying on tissue-paper normally used to wrap presents and pack packages.)


parent (yes, I am the parent of this child [Erik 8], who is presently pestering this particularly pretty pet!)


package, parcel, post, pull, please, and if I stick to my blog's main subject, there are jewellery-words like the beads that are made of pearls, peridot, petrified wood, pewter, pietersite, plastic, polyclay, porcelain, prehnite and pyrite, as well as other jewellery-related terms such as paddle pins, pendant, pins, plaques, pliers, polish, pouches, prayer box, prongs, prong pusher and prong lifter. Other crafts and industries have wonderful P-words like painting and printing! Where does it end? With poetry, park, pucker and peck? ("Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers!!") So I 'd better push to get this posted as soon as possible, as the letter "P" will probably be popular!

My P-word is P E A R L S !! (These happen to be strands of dyed freshwater pearls.)


Actually, I did think of "Pearls and Poison", but I don't have any bottles of poison at home. (We use our cats instead of rat-poison on the farm.) Hmmmm...

Pearls and Poison sounds like a good title for a mystery novel. A cozy mystery, where the murder occurs between chapters. I wonder what Patricia Rockwell of Communication Exchange and Subjective Soup would think of that? Maybe I could write a cozy and send it to Cozy Cat Press?


The authors Patricia Rockwell and Diane Morlan have just started a new publishing company called Cozy Cat Press. Their first books are cozy mystery novels. Hooray!

The name "Patricia"
is also a P-word!!

(This is not Anna, but a
picture of Patricia Rockwell:)


Best wishes,
Anna
(This is not an ad, I promise!)

Jenny  Matlock

For more P-words at abcWednesday please click here.
For more P-words at Mrs. Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday please click here.

P.S. By the way, there is a blog called "Pearls and Poisons"; check it out here.

P.P.S. Look at this list of fictional poisons here.

First Commenter:
Manang Kim of
My Photography in Focus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

【今夜もドル箱S】パチンコサイボーグ009絆

Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus Week 32