Saturday Centus Week 16-What I did over my Summer Vacation

Jenny Matlock

Saturday Centus-Week 16
(Written Sunday August 22nd, 2010)
'What I did over my Summer Vacation'

Summer in the North is short and intense. I longed for it all winter. But when summer finally arrived, I whiled away the hours, days and weeks watching snow drops turn into tulips and daffodils, then lilies, peonies and roses. Now I see sunflowers as I pass my neighbors' gardens.

The once light nights are again black and starry. Tomorrow is the children's first day at school. And I feel sad. Next Wednesday is the first of September, and it usually feels as if a shade is pulled down over the golden light of summer. Splendor is brief.



This is the first time I am participaring in Saturday Centus.
Best wishes,
Anna

First Commenter:

Ann of
Ann's Snap Edit & Scrap




To read other SC-posts please go to Mrs. Jenny Matlock's site.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

【今夜もドル箱S】パチンコサイボーグ009絆

Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus Week 32