Thursday's plant watch: Mountain ash / Rowan (Swedish/sv: rönn / Latin: sorbus)

Once again, I am out looking at the gardens of my neighbours. As always, I'm hoping to find something that will help me make a pretty piece of jewellery.

Along this nearby street is a row of mountain ash trees.

I find the appearance of these trees to be very strange. The trees have shed their leaves and yet the clusters of rowanberries hang from the branches like red parachutists falling from the sky! What shall I say?

It seems that not all red berries lend themselves well as inspiration for jewellery!

There is something ominous and foreboding about the image of these trees. We got our swine-flu-shots yesterday and both Elisabet and Erik are feeling poorly today.

Happy Thursday anyway!
Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

【今夜もドル箱S】パチンコサイボーグ009絆

Mrs. Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus Week 32